Transporting food and other products bought at fairs and supermarkets does not have to mean filling up with plastic bags. It is possible to have a sustainable and at the same time elegant attitude, using bags and fabric bags.
Here is a step by step guide for you to produce cloth bags (รับผลิตถุงผ้า, which is the term in Thai) and, besides helping the planet, leave the mark of your style when you need to make the next purchases:
- Fabric (can be any type of fabric of your preference). The amount may vary depending on the size of the bag you wish to produce;
- Sewing machine or needle and thread for hand sewing;
Way of doing
Cut two equal rectangles, place both fabrics together and sew the sides and bottom. At the bottom make a simple 2 cm hem. Simply fold the piece in half and sew the two sides, closing the bag.
Cut two rectangles, but this time thin and longer, to make the handles of the bag. Finishing, sew the handles in the cloth bag.
Materials for customization
- The fabric bag you’ve already made;
- Paper napkin with leaking areas that remind you of crochet work;
- Fabric paint;
How to do the customization
- Take the paper napkin and place over the part of the fabric bag that you want to put on the print.
- Carefully paint between the gaps (cuts) of the napkin.
- Remove the napkin before the paint dries completely, but be careful that it does not break during the process.
- If you find it interesting, you can also enter other drawings and even the initials of your name in the bag customization.
It is very practical because it can be folded and transported in the day-to-day purses. The first thing you should do is mold.